Heres My Poem I got 3rd Place for
This Is What They Call...
the sirens growing louder and louder everyday
as I fall farther and farther away
I'm dieng just staying right here
I'm starting to disappear
I can't pick myself up
I feel so numb
The doctor puts me on a strecher
they push away the snatchers
They'll grab and take my life
I felt like I've been cut with a knife
The nurse dresses my cuts and scars
I've fallen to far
I felt my back was up against the wall
but this is what they call a hospital
I was carried in a soliders hand
I've been shot by an evil man
I had cuts in my scars
many peoples lives torn apart
many choices people had to take
the scarfices we had to make
I was the flag that was ripped and torn
to have this country born
As the soilders put their helmets on
I felt like I was wrong
With the looks on thier faces
I felt like I had come to the wrong place
With the glare in the enemies eyes
I felt like Iwas gonna die
With our faith we scared them like a herd of cattle
this is what they call a battle
Behind the jail bars
I wonder if I went to far
dressed in black and white
all the choices I made weren't right
People say this prisons inescapable
they say your choices are unchangeable
When I got the cjhains on my hands and feet
I knew I had been beat
I knew my life was over
and I had nothing I could cover
But as someone walked in
and set me free from my sins
But this is what they call grace
This is what they call mercy
I knew I was unworthy
but salvation is was brought me to this place
No comments:
Post a Comment